Sunday, December 5, 2010

Professional Web Presence

     Having a professional website can give you a leg up on the competition when it comes to job searching. Your website gives you the chance to say what your resume can't. It allows you to give your resume a personal touch and employeers the opportunity to get to know you a little better before they decide whether or not to grant you an interview. Making a webiste is easier than I thought thanks to Google Sites. I now have my very own website to impress potential employeers with.
     I receieve emails on a regular basis from my college about internship and job opportunities. Having a professional web presence has made it easy to submit my resume and personal statement to these prospective employeers. I am already using my website as a reference when applying for internships. It's nice because I can showcase the work I've done in the PR sector with all of my involvement activities on campus. The places I apply to can actual see the experience I've had and the work I've done.
     Circepad is an awesome site that allows you to set up and design your own website for free. It has many templates to choose from and prides itself the intuitive way it works. It is not technical which makes it a great resource for people like me with very little technical experience or intuition. Below is a quick clip on how to get started with Circlepad.


No comments:

Post a Comment